The first aid kit of medicinal plants to have at home
In our homes it is very easy to have a special place where medicinal plants are stored. These can be preserved and stored dry, in syrups or in ointments for a long time to always have them on hand, and treat the most common ailments.
To create your medicine cabinet, always try to have the following dried plants, ointments or tinctures on hand:
- Calendula: to relieve burns, and skin irritations.
- Carob bark: to stop diarrhea.
- Ginger: for the cough and to raise the defenses.
- Good herb: to relieve headaches, coughs, flu and stomach problems.
- Oregano: in infusion to stop diarrhea.
- Melissa: calm stress.
- Rosemary: to relieve the flu, cough and attack stomach bacteria or relieve menstrual cramps.
- Turmeric: to alleviate joint pain or muscle spasm.
- Black tea: to give energy and replace coffee.
- Thyme: for children's fatigue and cough.
- Lavender: calm the nerves.
- Gotu Kola: improve memory.
- Coriander: for urine infections.
- Achiote: for lice.
- Basil: to kill intestinal parasites.
If you are going to create your natural medicine kit, it is very important that the dehydrated leaves are kept in glass jars to avoid fungus and that they last for a year.